The ultimate treat-yourself oatmeal bowl. It’s pink, fruity, lemony and perfectly coconut.
- Cutting Board
- Medium pot
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Serving Count: 1-2
- ⅓ cup of sweet cherries. Pitted, divided in half and then split into 2 portions (for cooking with oatmeal and the other to top off).
- 1 Cup oatmeal
- 2 Cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (fresh preferred)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut spread
Trust us on this, anything tart plus our coconut spread equals a wild, bold and rich flavor explosion.
1. Cook the Oatmeal
In a medium pot, add oatmeal, water, and a portion of the chopped cherries to a boil. Using a fork, mash the cherries while the oatmeal slowly heats up. Once the mixture turns light pink, you can cover and cook until it reaches your desired oatmeal consistency.
2. Make the Lemon Coconut Spread Drizzle
Mix Pika Pika’s coconut spread with the lemon juice. Set Aside.
Plate your oatmeal and top with the rest of the cherries. Drizzle in the lemon coconut spread as well as any other additional toppings (i.e. peanut butter, coconut, other fruit or just more coconut spread).
Enjoy! Follow us on social for more recipes and ideas @eatpikapika